PBBM says SRI for state workers depends on ‘financial position’

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. (Photo courtesy of PCO)/ FILE

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he would assess if it is “financially feasible” to grant a service recognition incentive (SRI) among government personnel this year.

“We’ll see what is our financial position at the end of this all. Ganyan naman talaga iyan (That’s how it works),” Marcos said in an interview in Taguig City, when asked if government workers would receive SRI before year end.

“We wait until the end of the fiscal year to see what it is that we can afford. So, we will have another look at that and to see if it is possible,” he added.

Last year, Marcos issued an administrative order (AO) granting an SRI for employees of the executive department.

Under the AO, a one-time SRI at a uniform rate not exceeding P20,000 was given to those working under the executive department.

Civilian personnel of national government agencies, including those in state universities and colleges, government-owned or -controlled corporations, regular, contractual or casual employees, members of the military and the police, as well as fire and jail personnel under the Department of the Interior and Local Government received the incentive.

Based on the AO, employees of both houses of Congress, the Judiciary, Office of the Ombudsman, and Constitutional offices may likewise be granted a one-time SRI by their respective heads of offices at a uniform rate not exceeding PHP20,000.

Personnel of local government units, including those in the villages, may also receive the incentive depending on the LGUs’ financial capability, subject to limitations in their budgets under the Local Government Code of 1991.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...