PBBM: Systems in place to aid typhoon victims in Albay, Naga, CamSur

Photo courtesy: Bongbong Marcos/IG

Presidential Communications Office

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. assured systems are in place to help Bicolanos affected by Severe Tropical Storm Kristine. 

“Mayroon naman tayong sistema para tulungan lahat ‘yung mga naging biktima. And all of that is in place,” President Marcos said. 

The President made the remarks shortly after a situation briefing at Naga City Hall over the weekend. He also visited victims at evacuation centers. 

He released PhP50 million to Acting Albay Governor Glenda Ong-Bongao and PhP30 million to Naga City Mayor Nelson Legacion from the Office of the President. Another P50 million was extended for the government of Camarines Sur.

Although Severe Tropical Storm Kristine exited the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Friday, President Marcos said the distribution of assistance will continue. 

“Iyong mga food packs natin, ‘yung mga hygiene kit, na-in place lahat ‘yan. Sapat naman ‘yung ating supply so far,” he said. 

The Chief Executive ordered all relevant government agencies to ensure all affected residents receive the necessary assistance. 

Social Welfare Secretary Rex Gatchalian assured President Marcos they have sufficient food packs and other forms of aid. 

Distribution of financial assistance will follow after the distribution of food packs. |PND

Popular

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...