PBBM vows to prioritize economic growth thru continuous gov’t aid

By Leila Mae Sauco

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Tuesday, Nov. 8, vowed that the national government will continue to provide assistance to various sectors as the COVID-19 pandemic exits the country.

During the distribution of government assistance in Palo, Leyte, the President assured that the government is ready to help those in need.

“Hangga’t mangyari ‘yun, kami po bilang gobyerno ninyo ay nandito upang tumulong at hindi kami aalis hanggang nakikita namin na kaya niyo nang magsarili dahil ‘yan po ang aming naging prayoridad na maiahon at pagandahin ang ekonomiya at dahan-dahang aabot din tayo diyan,” he said.

The President said the government’s aid aims to help people lessen the impact of the increasing prices of basic goods and commodities.

The Chief Executive said that aid will also be provided to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), sari-sari store owners, as well as manual laborers.

Distributed in Palo, Leyte were monetary aid to recipients of the Department of Agriculture’s Rice Farmer Financial Assistance Program, beneficiaries of the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation Program, and Department of Labor and Employment’s TUPAD Emergency Employment Program.

Popular

PBBM earns praise for role as ‘peacemaker’ in PH, Thailand, and Cambodia talks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Not long after decades of tension between Thailand and Cambodia boiled over in 2025 and resulted in months of trading gunfire...

PBBM, U.S. official tackle Luzon economic corridor, investments

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. met with the United States (US) Undersecretary of State for Economic Growth,...

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...