PBBM’s trust rating rises in June 2025 — survey

PBBM’S RESOLVE. President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. interacts with the fisherfolk community at General Santos Fish Port Complex in General Santos City on July 4, 2025. In a survey by Social Weather Stations for June 2025, the President received a 48% trust rating, up by 10 points from the previous month’s 38% trust score. (Photo courtesy: PCO)

By Brian Campued

More Filipinos expressed trust in President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. in the month of June 2025 than in May, results of the latest Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey revealed Tuesday.

According to SWS’ Second Quarter 2025 Social Weather Report conducted among 1,200 adult respondents nationwide from June 25–29, 48% of Filipinos said they have “much trust” towards the President.

The latest figure was up by 10 points from the previous month’s 38% trust rating.

All other top government officials also received a higher trust rating in June compared to May: Vice President Sara Duterte at 61%, Senate President Francis Escudero at 55%, and House Speaker Martin Romualdez at 34%.

The survey respondents were asked to assess their level of trust in key government officials using the following answers: very much, somewhat much, undecided if much or little, somewhat little, very little, or have not heard or read anything about the person.

Malacañang previously underscored that Marcos remains committed to serving the country and addressing the needs of the people regardless of various surveys showing how Filipinos view the President.

“Kung tumaas po ang approval rating ng Pangulo, maganda pong balita iyan. Pero katulad po ng sinabi natin, hindi po tayo dapat nagri-rely lamang sa mga survey,” Palace Press Officer and
Undersecretary Claire Castro said in a press briefing on July 10.

“Hindi po siya maaapektuhan ng anumang survey. Maganda po kung tumaas, kung bumaba ay siyempre hindi maganda, pero still hindi po siya maaapektuhan ng anumang numero sa survey dahil trabaho lang po ang nais ng Pangulo, para sa bansa at para sa taumbayan,” Castro added.

In the 2025 Pahayag Second Quarter Survey conducted by PUBLiCUS Asia, Inc. from June 27–30 among 1,500 registered Filipino voters nationwide, at least 25% expressed approval of Marcos’ performance as the Chief Executive.

-jpv

Popular

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...