PCG widens search for missing boat, 8 fishermen

By PNA

GENERAL SANTOS CITY — The Philippine Coastguard (PCG) widened its search for a fishing boat carrying eight fishermen from this city that went missing off the Celebes Sea late last month.

Lt. Commander Restitutio Concio Jr., chief of the PCG station here, said Monday they already coordinated with other PCG units in Mindanao to help search for F/B SAPB II fishing boat, which reportedly lost contact with its base here on October 29.

Concio said the fishing boat, which is operated by SAPB Inc., was supposed to unload its tuna catch here on October 30.

Citing a report from the company, Concio said it initially determined the location of the boat but could not establish contact with its skipper and crew members.

Upon receiving the report, he said they immediately sent out a “notice to mariners” to vessels near the area to render assistance and report to the PCG in case they locate the distressed fishing boat.

Concio identified the boat’s captain as Mario Ibara while its crew members are Romy Solano, Kennedy Rendal, Benjie Solatario, Nelson Laminero, Raul Oliveros, Nover Pisodas, and Nilo Jordan.

He said the company earlier received a report that the boat and its crew were spotted near Indonesia but there has been no confirmation about it as of this time.

“Rest assured that we are doing everything to immediately locate these missing fishermen,” he said.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...