PCSO pays last respects to late board member

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte looks at the remains of the late Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) Board Member Atty. Loreto Ata during his wake visit to the Loyola Memorial Chapel in Makati City on July 10, 2017. ALBERT ALCAIN/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

MANILA, July 11 (PNA) — The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) expressed its deepest gratitude to the services given by an esteemed member of its Board of Directors, Atty. Loreto Ata who succumbed to cardiac arrest on Friday. He was 66.

PCSO General Manager Alexander Balutan said Director Ata’s death is a big loss to the agency and PCSO family.

“We extend our sincere condolences to the family of Director Ata. He is a great loss in the agency,” Balutan said in a statement.

Ata, who had been battling lung cancer for more than two years already, assumed office as a member of the PCSO Board of Directors last Sept. 13, 2016 and is the chair of PCSO’s Risk Management Committee and members to the Governance Committee and the Nomination & Remuneration/Compensation Committee.

He finished both his Political Science and Law degrees at the Far Eastern University in 1972 and 1976, respectively — where he graduated as Valedictorian and Magna Cum Laude.

Ata is also senior partner in the Medialdea Ata Bello Guevarra & Suarez Law Firm from 2007 until his passing.

He likewise served as a member of the transition team with then Davao City Mayor and now President Rodrigo Duterte after being elected to office.

His remains were at the Loyola Memorial Chapels and Crematorium in Makati City.

The President visited Ata’s wake at the Loyola Memorial Chapel on Monday. (Christopher Lloyd T. Caliwan/ Monica B. Guevarra (OJT)/PNA)

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...