Pfizer, BioNTech say own COVID-19 vaccine safe for ages 5 to 11

The drug companies Pfizer and BioNTech on Monday (Sep. 20) assured that their COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective to use on children aged 5 to 11 years old.

According to the companies, the Phase 2/3 trial showed “favorable safety profile and robust neutralizing antibody responses.” The companies added that it would seek regulatory authorization soon for the use of the vaccine on this age group.

“We are eager to extend the protection afforded by the vaccine to this younger population, subject to regulatory authorization, especially as we track the spread of the Delta variant and the substantial threat it poses to children,” Pfizer Chairperson and CEO Albert Bourla said.

Meanwhile, 62 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have arrived in the Philippines so far, according to the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19.

READ MORE: http://152.42.253.13/ph-to-receive-about-100-million-covid-19-vaccines-by-october/

The country is expecting to reach more or less 100 million doses delivered by October, NTF chief implementer and vaccine czar Sec. Carlito Galvez Jr. said on Monday (Sept. 20).

READ MORE: http://152.42.253.13/ph-to-receive-about-100-million-covid-19-vaccines-by-october/

PTV News, PNA/NGS- jlo

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...