PH contractors to be tapped for Clark gov’t center Phase 1-A

PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia — Philippine-based contractors will be tapped for the construction of Phase 1-A of the National Government Administrative Center (NGAC) in Central Luzon, an executive of the center’s developer said Thursday.

AlloyMTD Group acting chief executive officer, Tee Kim Siew, said in an interview here that they will be awarding the contracts to three or four local contractors who will build seven structures under NGAC’s Phase 1-A.

AlloyMTD is the infrastructure arm of MTD Capital Berhad, the Bases Conversion and Development Authority’s (BCDA) partner for the 220-hectare NGAC project inside New Clark City in Central Luzon.

“There’s going to be three to four contractors,” said Tee, adding that the company is set to award the first contract next week.

Under Phase 1-A, AlloyMTD will deliver by the last quarter of 2019 the facilities for the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games 2019 — a stadium, an aquatic center, and two towers of athletic dormitories to accommodate SEA Games participants.

The company is expected to deliver the sports facilities by Oct. 15, 2019, in time for the 2019 SEA Games.

There will also be government office structures under Phase 1-A, which include one building for the integrated operations center of the government and two government housing.

Project cost for NGAC’s Phase 1-A is PHP13.7 billion.

Earlier, the local arm of the Malaysian firm MTD Philippines, Inc. said the company will also tap local banks to provide PHP9.5 billion for Phase 1-A, with the remaining fund requirement to be supported through equity.

Last year, government-owned and -controlled corporation BCDA forged a partnership with MTD Capital for the development of the PHP121.8-billion NGAC, dubbed as the mini-Putrajaya of the Philippines.

MTD Capital is also involved in the development of Putrajaya as the government center of Malaysia, transferring the government seat from Kuala Lumpur to decongest the capital.

BCDA and MTD Capital envision the same for Metro Manila — decongesting the capital by bringing government offices outside the National Capital Region.

Apart from decongesting Metro Manila, the NGAC aims to bring more opportunities to the provinces. (Kris Crismundo/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...