PH COVID-19 recoveries now over 2.7-M

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – The nation’s total number of recovered coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases has reached 2,735,508 after 4,029 new recoveries were reported on Wednesday, Nov. 10.

In its latest case bulletin, the Department of Health (DOH) noted that recoveries account for 97.4% of the total case count which has reached 2,809,311 since the start of the pandemic last year.

Meanwhile, some 2,646 new infections brought the total number of active cases nationwide to 29,138.

About 60.8% of these active cases are mild, 7% are asymptomatic, 4.4% are critical, 10.4% are severe, and 17.36% are moderate.

Some 99 new deaths were reported which brought the country’s COVID-19 fatalities to 44,665.

According to DOH data on Nov. 8, about 4.3% of 35,772 who were tested turned out positive for COVID-19.

“Twenty-nine duplicates were removed from the total case count, and of these, 20 are recoveries and one is death. Moreover, 84 cases that were previously tagged as recoveries were reclassified as deaths after final validation,” it added.

All laboratories were operational on Nov. 8 while seven laboratories were not able to submit their data to the COVID-19 Document Repository System.

The DOH said the seven non-reporting laboratories contribute, on average, 15.2% of samples tested, and 5.1% of positive individuals based on data in the last 14 days.

To date, 42% of 3,800 intensive care unit beds, 32% of 20,600 isolation beds, 24% of 13,900 ward beds, and 24% of 3,200 ventilators are utilized by patients with COVID-19 nationwide.

Meanwhile, 40% of 1,300 intensive care unit beds, 26% of 4,800 isolation beds, 25% of 4,000 ward beds, and 23% of 1,000 ventilators dedicated to patients with COVID-19 are in use in the National Capital Region. (PNA) – bny

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...