Pinoys cautioned over hostilities between Palestine, Israel

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora – PNA News

MANILA — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Wednesday issued an advisory to more than 29,400 Filipinos in Israel to take the “necessary precautions” following the escalation of hostilities between Israeli forces and Palestinian militants in Gaza.

Ambassador to Israel Neal Imperial said the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv has alerted Filipinos to, among others, avoid public places, particularly in Netivot, Sha’ar Hanegev, Ashkelon, Eshkol, Ashdod, Sderot, Beersheba, and other areas near Gaza, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights.

The envoy cited reports from Israeli sources that more than 400 projectiles were fired into Israel from Gaza, prompting Israel to retaliate with air strikes on Monday.

According to reports, the Palestinian militant groups had already accepted an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire to end the exchange of fire with Israel.

Meanwhile, Imperial urged all Filipinos who may require the Embassy’s assistance to call +972 54 466 1188.

According to the United Nations, the situation in Gaza Strip had been volatile since March 2018 demonstrations started to protest Israel’s blockade in the self-governing Palestinian territory and the deteriorating living conditions there.

The latest violence reportedly erupted when an Israeli special forces operation was exposed several miles into the Strip.

Since March, the inter-governmental body estimated that more than 150 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli security forces and more than 10,000 demonstrators have been injured.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...