PNP notes peaceful class opening in Antique

SAN JOSE De BUENAVISTA, Antique – – The opening of classes in Antique went on smoothly, an official of the Antique Police Provincial Office (APPO) said on Monday.

In an interview, APPO Deputy Director for Operations Supt. Norby Escobar said that policemen were deployed early morning in schools and along the roads for road safety.

“So far we have not received any complaint with the opening of classes,” Escobar said.

He said that the only report they received was a case of an electrical short circuit that happened at the Maybato Elementary School. It was immediately resolved, he added.

About 600 APPO personnel will continue their police visibility in schools for a week because of the “Balik Eskwela” program. Two police personnel are being assigned in every school for a week, starting June 4 to ensure the safety of the students.

In the province, there are 480 public elementary schools and 54 high schools that opened their gates to students on Monday.

Last week, the Department of Education Division of Antique prepared the schools for the opening of classes and engaged various stakeholders through the Brigada Eskwela.

In support of the Brigada Eskwela, students of the University of Antique College of Teachers Education with their Dean Dr. Nimfa Coronado, distributed school materials to pupils of Villafont Elementary School in Barangay Villafont, Sibalom on Sunday. Television sets were also provided that will be used as teaching aides by teachers in the same school. (Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA)

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...