Poll body to abide by SC TRO on P3PWD party-list

By Ferdinand Patinio | Philippine News Agency

 

MANILA – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will abide by the Supreme Court’s temporary restraining order (TRO) that stopped the poll body from allowing former Comelec commissioner Rowena Guanzon to substitute as top nominee of P3PWD party-list.

Acting Comelec spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco confirmed that the Commission received the order Wednesday afternoon, June 29.

“This is to confirm the receipt of the Temporary Restraining Order issued by the Honorable Supreme Court in GR No. 261123 ‘Duterte Youth vs. the Comelec, the House of Representatives and P3PWD Party List’,” he said in a statement.

Laudiangco said the Comelec will file its comment on the SC’s order.

“Comelec will comply with the TRO and its directive to file comment. We will seek representation of the OSG (Office of the Solicitor General) as a matter of procedure,” he said.

Last week, the Comelec denied the verified opposition filed by Duterte Youth Party-list questioning the substitution of P3PWD Party-list nominees.

The Duterte Youth elevated the case to the high tribunal.

Earlier, the Comelec has allowed the substitution of the five nominees, where Guanzon is the party’s first nominee after it accepted the resignation of the original nominees of the organization. (PNA)

– ag 

 

 

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...