Polls in Bicol region generally peaceful: Comelec

LEGAZPI CITY — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) Bicol on Tuesday reported that the conduct of the barangay and Sanguniang Kabataan (SK) elections was generally peaceful and all polling precincts functioned.

Atty. Romeo Serrano, assistant regional director of Comelec-Bicol, in an interview said there was no failure of election in the entire region despite reported harassments, shooting incidents, encounters and violation of gun ban.

“We commend all of these to our election partners especially the teachers, Philippine National Police (PNP), Philippine Army (PA) and other law enforcement and deputized agencies. It was all a team effort,” he said.

Serrano said they are now just waiting for election results and percentage of electorates who casted their votes on Monday; while the DILG would be preparing the assumption to office of all proclaimed winners on July.

He added the number of the registered voters for the SK elections in Bicol is 1,335,494; while the total number of registered regular voters is 3,332,621.

After conducting the BSKE, the Comelec in Bicol again will begin to prepare for the resumption of continuing registration probably on July 2.

Many have also awaited the resumption of the application of transfer of registration after it was not conducted last Nov. 1 to 30 last year in continuing registration program of the agency.

This will be part of the incoming May 2019 local and national elections. (Jorge Hallare/PNA)

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...