Port of Manila resumes ops Tuesday

By Ferdinand Patinio/ PNA

MANILA — The Bureau of Customs-Port of Manila (BOC-POM) on Tuesday has resumed operations three days after a fire gutted its main building.

According to district collector Rhea Gregorio, the operations of some offices, including the assessment office, that were temporarily relocated at the BOC gym went on smoothly.

“As of noontime yesterday (Monday), the operations that they be temporarily relocated at the BOC Gymnasium was so far going smoothly,” she said in an interview.

With this, the BOC-POM official noted that they created a Special Response Team (SRT) for those who have transactions at the port.

“The SRT would serve as guides to the stakeholders on the flow of the process as well as answer their queries. There would be six (personnel) acting as SRT per shift,” Gregorio added.

She also urged those who are transacting with the bureau to make use of their online payment system to avoid the long queues.

On Friday, the 86-year-old POM building caught fire that lasted for 10 hours.

Authorities are still conducting investigation on the cause of the blaze.

Popular

Palace lauds rude Russian vlogger’s arrest; persona non grata declaration looms

By Filane Mikee Cervantes | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Friday lauded law enforcement agencies for their swift action in arresting Russian-American vlogger Vitaly Zdorovetskiy,...

Myanmar’s junta chief to head to Bangkok summit as quake toll surpasses 3,000

By Agence France-Presse The head of Myanmar's junta is expected to travel to Bangkok on Thursday for a regional summit, as the death toll from...

PBBM reciprocates VP Sara’s gratitude on helping her mend ties with dad

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency “Glad I could help.” This was the response of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., according to Palace Press...

Purchase of US fighter jets vital to boost PH defense – ES Bersamin

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Thursday, April 3, said the planned procurement of fighter jets from the...