Pres. Duterte to gov’t agencies: Cut red tape

MANILA, Aug. 9 — President Rodrigo Duterte has reminded government agencies dealing with businesses to cut red tape and urged businessmen to report those who are engaged in corruption.

“Corruption is really one I don’t like,” Pres. Duterte said during his keynote address to businessmen at the 2017 Sulong Pilipinas, a Philippine Development Forum at the EDSA Shangri-la on Wednesday.

In order to make government transactions faster, Pres. Duterte said he wants to group government offices in one building.

“If you cannot group together, I will force the online,” he said. “If I said 15 days, do it 15 days,” he added in Filipino.

Pres. Duterte ordered for faster processing of documents in government offices as he emphasized that making it harder for businesses and individuals to transact make the government “useless”.

During the event, one of the recommendations from the private sector is to further ease doing business by converging different agencies, including local government units. It was also in last year’s Sulong Pilipinas that the 10-point socioeconomic agenda of the Duterte administration was presented.

In the latest Doing Business Report of the World Bank, the Philippines ranked 99, moving up four notches from rank 103 in the 2015 report.

However, the same report noted that in Starting a Business indicator, the country’s ranking declined by six spots, from 165th spot to 171st spot. (PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...