PRO-6 sends off over 8K augmentation cops for May 14 polls

SEND OFF. Police Regional Office 6 sends off more than 8,000 augmentation personnel to help secure the May 14 polls in a ceremony held at Camp Martin Delgado, Iloilo City on Thursday (May 10, 2018). (Photo by Cindy Ferrer/PNA)

ILOILO CITY — Some 8,511 augmentation cops from the Police Regional Office 6 (Western Visayas) will help ensure the peaceful and orderly conduct of the upcoming village and youth polls in the region.

The policemen were officially deployed in their areas of assignment in a send-off ceremony held at Camp Martin Delgado, Fort San Pedro in this city, Thursday morning.

In his speech, Chief Supt. Cesar Hawthorne Binag, PRO-6 Regional Director recalled that a series of Regional Joint Security Coordinating Council (RJSCC) meetings and conferences were previously conducted, together with the Commission on Elections 6 and the Philippine Army in preparation for the polls.

Part of these preparations is the deployment of personnel to augment the existing police forces in the different areas in the region, he said.

“As you report to your respective areas, always bear in mind the rules, procedures and protocols in providing security and in conducting various police operations during this election times,” he told his men.

Binag also announced that mandatory and special courses training of some policemen, who are part of the augmentation force, are temporarily stopped due to their deployment.

Apart from the deployment of police, PRO-6 also turned over some 30 brand new patrol cars to the respective beneficiary-police stations in the region.

“More than the additional resources that will timely be deployed is the prayer that will give tremendous amount of inspiration and direction to you. Together, let us journey toward history and with God’s grace together, we shall return victorious and proud,” he added.

Following the send-off, another RJSCC meeting was conducted at the camp.

PRO-6 spokesperson Supt. Joem Malong said the council approved 133 election watch list areas (EWAs) in the region.

Negros Occidental tops the list with 80 villages; Iloilo province, 28; Capiz, 15; province of Aklan and Iloilo City with four each; and Antique with two.

The island province of Guimaras and Bacolod City have zero EWAs.

Malong said these EWAs will be prioritized to make sure that peace and order prevailed. (PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...