Proclamation rally hurdle a learning experience for Leody De Guzman

The camp of presidential aspirant Leody De Guzman considered as a learning experience the incident that almost barred them from pushing through with their planned proclamation rally earlier this week.

During the beginning of conduct of political rallies last Tuesday (Feb. 8), the camp was not able to secure a permit for their rally at the Bantayog ng mga Bayani in Quezon City.

 

 

In a TV interview, De Guzman said the group’s marching order from now on is to secure the necessary permits to ensure that they are not prohibited from holding any of their campaign activities in the days ahead, especially assemblies. 

“Nasa paghahabol, pag-aayos, at kanina nabasa ko sa statement ng Comelec, ni James Jimenez, na hindi naman ipinagbabawal ang rally, pangangampanya. Mas concerned sila sa mga protocols na tiniyak namin,” he said.

The presidential aspirant said the matter is currently being resolved. He also said in an earlier forum that the tight protocols in the conduct of campaign activities should be slightly eased. 

Meanwhile, he said he does not want former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. to win, but refused to answer who he thinks is the next best pick for the presidency. – Report from Rod Lagusad/AG-rir

Popular

Palace slams attempt against NegOr contractor, vows to dismantle espionage networks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Amid consecutive developments arising from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s revelation of ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood control projects in his 4th...

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...