PSC doubles PBBM’s security detail after VP Sara ‘threat’

Presidential Security Command (Photo courtesy of Presidential Security Group)

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency

The Presidential Security Command (PSC) will double the security detail of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., especially during his public engagements, following Vice President Sara Duterte’s “death threat.”

“Ang instructions sa amin dito, ido-double natin ang security ni President, lalo sa mga upcoming activities,” Maj. Nestor Endozo, PSC civil military operations officer, told reporters in a phone interview Monday.

However, Endozo clarified that the President’s public engagements would neither be limited nor restricted.

The decision to enhance the Chief Executive’s security came after an emergency meeting held by the PSC on Saturday, prompted by Duterte’s controversial online statement.

The Vice President threatened to have Marcos, First Lady Liza Marcos, and House Speaker Martin Romualdez assassinated if a purported plot against her were to succeed.

Duterte issued the supposed threat while she was at the House of Representatives accompanying her chief of staff, lawyer Zuleika Lopez, who was detained for failing to respond to questions regarding the misuse of funds at the Vice President’s office during a legislative inquiry.

The Vice President said she had already contracted someone to carry out the assassination.

Popular

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...