Public appearances are for Duterte, Go says

DIGOS CITY – Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence Go said his public appearances were not aimed at boosting his personality or chances at any elective position.

Go, who graced the groundbreaking for the PHP170-million new city hall building here on Thursday, said he was only representing President Rodrigo Duterte.

“I am not interested in running for (senator). For those who have started calling me senator, please, you can call me janitor because my job is all around,” Go said.

He said when not representing Duterte in public functions, he acts as trouble shooter and “bridge” for those trying to reach the President for any concern.

“That’s my job since I started working for (Duterte) even when he was still mayor,” he said in a speech delivered in a mixture of Visayan, Filipino and English. “My job is to help, to follow up your requests to the President.”

Go added that he works without politics.

“But there are some who are jealous like Trillanes,” he said, referring to Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

Go said Trillanes had been criticizing him for his public appearances, without realizing that he was only representing the President.

“I was invited to Boracay by (Labor Secretary Silvestre) Bello and (Environment Secretary Roy) Cimatu. I accepted it so I can see the progress of Boracay’s rehabilitation and report it to the President,” he said.

Go said he did not participate in the distribution of cash cards to the beneficiaries of the government aid during his visit there because he did not want the event to be politicized.

As to the distribution of some goods to residents, he said it was from the private sector.

“Those were given by the private sector, not from me,” Go added. (PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...