QC gov’t launches new livelihood program for unemployed QCitizens

As the pandemic continues to affect many families, the Quezon City Government introduced another livelihood program for the benefit of unemployed QCitizens.

The Small Business and Cooperatives Development and Promotions Office (SBCDPO) in collaboration with the Office of the City Mayor, Office of the City Administrator, Sustainable Development Affairs Unit, Social Services Development Department, and the QC Public Employment Service Office launched the “Pangkabuhayang QC”, a livelihood training and financial assistance program for QCitizens who have lost their jobs during this pandemic.

“Unfortunately, aside from the presence of the COVID-19 virus, unemployment is also one of our concerns for the people of Quezon City. Through this new Pangkabuhayang QC program, we can help our residents provide for their families and slowly improve their circumstances,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.

During its launch, financial assistance was extended to 200 beneficiaries composed of hog raisers, sewers, vendors, farmers, parents of children with disabilities, and jeepney drivers, among others who went through a screening process for qualification.

SBCDPO Head Mona Celine Yap said that this program will jumpstart recovery from the economic decline caused by the pandemic.

“Last year, we helped businesses provide for their employees through our Kalingang QC para sa Negosyo program. This time, we will be directly helping our community members who continue to struggle during this pandemic. Pangkabuhayang QC will now give them a chance to open or pursue livelihoods for a more sustainable family income,” Yap said.

“This is still part of QC’s COVID-19 response. As we help open more micro and small businesses, economic activity will continue to prosper thereby bringing income across all sectors,” she added.

For interested individuals, they may contact SBCDPO on their official Facebook Page (QCSBCDPO) or call 8988-4242 loc. 8734 or email [email protected]. (QC LGU) – bny

 

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...