QC improves vaccine recipient screening after booster shot incident

The Quezon City local government said it will be more vigilant in screening vaccine recipients following the unauthorized booster shot vaccination incident last week.

According to QC Mayor Joy Belmonte on Sunday (Aug. 15), they have added a separate waiver for the public to fill in containing the consent of the individuals saying they are not yet vaccinated.

“Pipirmahan kasi ‘yan ng ating vaccinees na we have not received our shots, tapos nalaman natin na booster shot pala yung kanilang in-avail automatic ‘yan na falsification of a public document,” she said.

The QC local government unit (LGU) also hopes that the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) will create a centralized database for those who have received their COVID-19 vaccination since it is aware that the information placed in the waiver can be easily faked.

“Ang nakikitang kong problema dito is if every time may magpapabakuna, iche-check pa natin yung pangalan niya sa database na milyon-milyon na ang laman, it will take time, at made-delay na naman ‘yung vaccination process,” she added.

In relation to this, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairperson Benhur Abalos said they are currently coordinating with the DICT to create the centralized database. However, while waiting for the database, the Metro Manila Council (MMC) ordered the LGUs to implement an ordinance containing the appropriate penalties for those who plan to receive illegal booster shots.

“Even ‘yung mga privately procured [vaccines] must follow the government policy, as stated in their conditions, kung may ganoong government policy, it follows na talagang mananaig yung government policy, kung part nitong pag-procure ang gobyerno,” he said.

Furthermore, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque asserted on Monday (Aug. 16) that they do not support the vaccination of the booster shot, especially that many Filipinos have not yet received the vaccine.

“Well, hindi po natin kinukunsinte ‘yan. Siguro, we can make an exemption doon sa mga OFW sa mga seafarers na kailangang magpabakuna ng western brands. Pero at the same time, kung kayo po ay seafarer at alam niyong kinakailangan niyo ng particular brand, ‘wag na po kayong magpa-inject ng iba pang brand,” he said.

Report from Kenneth Paciente/NGS-rir

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...