QCPD chief orders relief, investigation of 15 cops over escape of six Chinese PDL

QCPD PR

Quezon City Police District Director (QCPD) Police Brigadier General (PBGEN) Ronnie S Montejo has ordered the immediate relief and investigation against 15 policemen over the escape from a temporary custodial facility of six Chinese PDL or Persons Deprived of Liberty last June 22, 2020 in Quezon City.

PBGEN Montejo said the 15 policemen assigned with the District Mobile Force Batallion (DMFB) were also disarmed immediately following an investigation conducted by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (CIDU) for violation of Article 224 of the Revised Penal Code otherwise known as Evasion through Negligence.

Aside from the criminal case, an administrative investigation will also be initiated against them by our District Investigation and Detective Management Division.

He ordered the relief of the cops, which included a Police Major, after the six Chinese identified as Zhang Yi Xin, Ludong Jin, Song Qicheng, Lu Yinliang, Huang Yong Qiao and Chen Bin were discovered missing during a headcount at around 9:45, June 22, 2020.

“Nagsagawa ng routine headcount ang duty sentinel kagabi sa mga Chinese sa kanilang pansamantalang Detention Facility sa loob ng Kampo Karingal nang napag-alamang nawawala ang anim na kasama sa 51 na may Commitment Order na sa kasong Syndicated Estafa na inilabas ni Judge Jesus P Mupas ng RTC Branch 122 ”.

PBGEN Montejo said, those who escaped were among the 342 foreign nationals apprehended by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and QCPD last December 2019 for working without proper permits and visas at a building in Barangay Bago Bantay, Quezon City. They were also found working for a licensed Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) that was not yet allowed by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) to operate.

Since then, they were held in a temporary detention facility inside the QCPD Headquarters in Camp Tomas Karingal, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City.

Popular

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...