Red Cross sends more aid to Batanes after Typhoon Kiko

A month after the strong winds and torrential rains of typhoon Kiko hit Batanes and other parts of Northern Luzon last Sept. 10, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) Batanes chapter continued its response through the distribution of additional non-food relief items in the area.

With seven volunteers mobilized, PRC Batanes Chapter Administrator Waldimar C. Ballada said they distributed relief items to 42 families in Brgy. Kaychanarianan, Basco on Oct. 20.

When Typhoon Kiko hit last month, destroying homes and affecting thousands of individuals, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) immediately sent aid to the municipalities of Basco, Uyugan, Mahatao, and Sabtang providing shelter tool kits, tarpaulins for use as temporary shelter, jerry cans with water tablets for safe drinking water, solar lamps, flashlights, a motorcycle, and two portable generator units.

“Binibigyang diin ko, hindi tayo titigil dahil pandemya. Walang bagyo, lindol, o anumang iba pang emerhensiya ang makakahadlang sa mga Red Cross volunteers at staff. Patuloy naming paiigtingin ang aming tulong upang mapaglingkuran ang mga Pilipino, lalo na ang mga nangangailangan,” PRC Chairman and CEO Sen. Richard Gordon said. (PRC) – jlo

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...