Returning Filipinos can also avail of booster shots

By Lade Jean Kabagani  | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – Aside from those aged 18 and above, returning Filipinos are also eligible for booster or additional shots of the vaccine against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

The National Vaccination Operations Center (NVOC) announced Friday (Dec. 3) the eligibility of all adults six months after receiving their primary second dose of Sinovac, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Sputnik V.

The administration interval between the single-shot Janssen vaccine and a booster shot is three months.

Vaccinees may choose between homologous (same brand) and heterologous (mixed) vaccination depending on their availability.

Health Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje, also the NVOC chair, said overseas Filipino returnees may avail of their additional doses.

She likewise said during Friday’s Laging Handa media briefing that the elderly and adults with comorbidities should have priority lanes in vaccination centers, especially when availing of booster shots.

“Hindi pa rin sapat iyon (primary doses). Kailangan mapa-igting pa ang pagpapabakuna sa kanila (Primary doses are not enough. We need to intensify their vaccination). We know that the booster is also needed,” she said.

The Philippines has so far administered 421,406 doses of booster or additional doses to health care workers, senior citizens, and immunocompromised adults. (PNA) – bny

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...