Rodriguez steps down as Executive Secretary; to serve as Pres. Marcos chief of staff

By Gabriela Baron

After serving as Executive Secretary in President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s Cabinet, lawyer Victor Rodriguez officially stepped down on Saturday, Sept. 17.

In a statement, Rodriguez said he already asked Marcos’ permission to step down.

“There is nothing more rewarding than answering the call to serve the country, a rare privilege not extended to all but was given to me by the President, His Excellency Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos, Jr.,” Rodriguez said.

“The work of an Executive Secretary is a 24/7 job with myriad topics expected to be attended to every day. It demands a sense of urgency which essentially requires almost all of a public servant’s time to ensure that services are met and delivered,” he added.

Citing personal concerns, Rodriguez said he would prioritize his family first.

“Equally valuable, however, is to witness firsthand your young family grow and evolve into how every parent would wish them to become and they most need me too,” he said.

Rodriguez, who previously served as Marcos’ campaign spokesperson and chief of staff, expressed gratitude to the President.

“I thank the President for his continuing trust and his sincere understanding of my decision,” he continued.

“To the Filipino people, I shall continue serving you and the country as the Presidential Chief of Staff.”

Popular

ICC rejects Duterte appeal for interim release

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has denied former President Rodrigo Duterte’s appeal to overturn...

PH seeking Malaysia, Singapore help in locating Zaldy Co’s air assets —PBBM

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has directed the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) to...

‘Handog ng Pangulo’: PBBM brings aid, gov’t services to IPs in Zamboanga City

By Brian Campued “Nandito kami.” In line with the administration’s broader effort to ensure that no community is left behind in the “Bagong Pilipinas,” President Ferdinand...

PBBM lauds new San Lazaro Residences in Manila City

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Thursday commended the Manila City government for its in-city vertical housing project that will benefit healthcare...