‘Rosita’-affected families now at 30.7K

MANILA — The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) announced that a total of 30,734 families were affected by Typhoon Rosita in 1,019 barangays in Regions 1, 2, 3, 8 and the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).

In its 6 a.m. update Thursday signed by Executive Director Ricardo Jalad, the agency said the above-mentioned families are equivalent to 111, 639 persons.

Of the cited figures, 13,272 families or around 50,846 persons are being aided in 586 evacuation centers.

The NDRRMC also confirmed that inclement weather has so far injured two persons in Region 4A and the CAR with another one reported missing.

An initial 955 houses were reported damaged, 901 partially and 54 totally, in Regions 1, 2, 3, 8 and the CAR. Around 58 road sections and eight bridges were also reportedly affected in Regions 2, 3 and the CAR. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...