SC extends anew existing notarial commissions

Due to the continuing difficulties imposed by the ongoing health crisis, the Supreme Court has extended until the first half of next year the validity of all notarial commissions set to expire by the end of 2021.

“Accordingly, all notarial commissions granted in 2019 and whose validity had been previously extended until December 31, 2021 pursuant to the Court’s December 1, 2020 and June 22, 2021 Resolutions are deemed further extended, and shall thus remain valid for an additional period of six months beginning January 1, 2022 until June 30, 2022,” the Court said through a two- page Resolution signed by En Banc Clerk of Court Marife M. Lomibao-Cuevas.

The Court stated that during the said six-month period, the notaries public whose terms are deemed extended pursuant to the latest Resolution shall continue performing notarial acts using their existing seals.

The latest extension was brought about by the letter-request of Atty. Rameses Victorius G. Villagonzalo, who sought to extend the validity of his notarial commission issued in 2020, which originally expires on December 31, 2021.

The said Resolution was circulated to the Office of the Bar Confidant, the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, the Philippine Bar Association, and the Judicial Reform Initiative.

This is the third extension of notarial commissions granted by the Court since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.

On December 1, 2020, the Court granted the request for automatic extension of the validity of existing notarial commissions granted in 2019 and expiring on December 31, 2020 for a period of six months, or until June 30, 2021.

On June 22, 2021, the Court further extended the validity of said notarial commissions for an additional period of six months beginning July 1, 2021, or until December 31, 2021.

(B.M. No. 3795 (Re: Request for Extension of Existing Notarial Commissions, September 28, 2021)

Full text here

(SC)-rir

Popular

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...

PBBM eyes different gov’t post for Torre, Palace confirms

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is offering former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief PGen. Nicolas Torre III a different position in the...

‘Organic, real people’: Gomez belies claims that PCO pays for reactors, vloggers

By Brian Campued Presidential Communications Office (PCO) acting Secretary Dave Gomez on Tuesday stressed that the PCO does not pay reactors and vloggers to support...