Sputnik V, CoronaVac, Pfizer jabs arriving this week

The government on Monday (June 7) assured the arrival of over 10 million COVID-19 vaccine doses this month in line with the ongoing vaccination of priority groups A1 to A4 .

According to vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., 100,000 Sputnik V doses will arrive on June 8, followed by 2.28 million Pfizer-BioNTech doses from the COVAX facility and one million CoronaVac doses on June 10.

Another 2.028 million AstraZeneca doses from COVAX will be delivered during the third week, while the private sector’s 250,000 Moderna doses will arrive in late June.

“Naging steady na ang supply ng COVAX, at nakita natin noong last month, nagkaroon tayo ng more or less 2.1 million AstraZeneca at Pfizer. Sa ngayon, magkakaroon tayo ng 4.2 million, more or less, from COVAX,” Galvez said during the A4 symbolic vaccination in Pasay City.

“All in all po, ang darating ngayong June para mabakunahan ang A1, A2, A3, A4, at A5 ay 10.158 million vaccine doses. Darating din sa Agosto ang more or less 15 million dahil ang ating mga supply agreements ay darating ng third at fourth quarter,” he added.

One million Sinovac vaccine doses were delivered on June 6, which were allocated to areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said the A4 vaccination is a huge development to support economic recovery from the pandemic.

He said essential workers aged 40 to 59 years old should be prioritized in case of limited vaccine supply.

“Diyan po nanggagaling ang pinakamalaking porsiyento ng mga pumapanaw o tinatamaan ng nakamamatay na komplikasyon, kaya mahalaga na we prioritize within A4 those within the 40 to 59 years of age,” he said.

The inoculation of A1 to A3 priority groups will still continue amid the A4 group’s vaccination rollout. Duque also urged recipients who missed their second dose to complete their vaccination. – Report from Daniel Manalastas/AG- jlo 

Watch full report here:

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...