CAMP MARCELO A ADDURU, Tuguegarao City – Police on Wednesday arrested the primary suspect in the series of killings in August in Ilagan City, Isabela.
Ilagan City police chief, Supt. Ariel N. Quilang identified the suspect as Warlito Cardona alias “Ka Rambo”. However, details of how and where the suspect was apprehended were not given.
The police chief said results of the cross-matching examination by the Ballistic Examiner of the Scene of the Crime Operations (SOCO) showed the firearm used in the three shooting incidents in Ilagan City was the same firearm (Colt MK IV Caliber 45 pistol) confiscated from Cardona during the hot pursuit operations after he was involved in a shooting incident in Brgy. Marana 1st last August 31 with the victims identified as Kyle Lawrence Balisi, 17 and Villa Mae Sevilla, 22, both residents of Brgy. Sta Isabel.
Quilang said that Cardona is also responsible for the killings of Vincent Guzman, 34 of Brgy. Guinatan last August 9, and Joey Molicara, 44 of Brgy. Alibagu on August 14.
Investigation conducted by the Ilagan City Police Station revealed the motives for the shooting of Guzman, Balisi and Sevilla were personal grudges while that of Molicara was allegedly due to a “love triangle”.
Police also learned that Guzman was a drug surrenderer and included in the Directorate for Intelligence list. He was previously arrested for drug possession on January 15, 2016 but was able to post bail.
It was also learned that Cardona, a former member of the CPP-NPA based in San Mariano and City of Ilagan, Isabela, surrendered to the government in 1985 but later turned “gun-for-hire” operating in Isabela province with previous cases of murder and illegal possession of firearms.
Police Regional Office 2 Director Chief Supt. Robert Quenery, in a press statement, stressed: “We ensure the public that the Valley Cops are doing its best to haul lawless elements to stop them from their criminal activities.” (Simeon Dilan/PNA)