Taxi drivers: LTFRB’s Uber temporary suspension results to more earnings and spacious road around MM

After the temporary suspension of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) to Uber on Tuesday,  taxi drivers said that they already  gain more earnings compared to before, and roads around Metro Manila became spacious.

Before Uber’s suspension, most earnings of a normal taxi drivers were only good for their daily gasoline, which were not enough for their families but according to them, their earnings increased after the said suspension.

“Medyo lumaki laki na sya ng kaunti pero nung may Uber halos hindi kami kumikita,” Richard, taxi driver.

When asked regarding his earnings, JR, also a taxi driver said, “Okay naman na po siya. Dahil nga po wala yung Uber, kahit papano, kumita po kami.”

Last time, LTFRB requested Uber and its rivalry Grab last July, to stop accepting applications for new drivers in their books – leading to the increase of unregistered drivers in the road.

However, Uber seemed to ignored the request and continued to accept new drivers from their application – forcing the LTFRB to month-long suspend its services.

It can be remembered that last year, LTFRB imposed a moratorium on the processing of new applications for ride-sharing services such as Uber and its rival Grab as it studied how to regulate a growing industry. | (Tina Joyce Laceda – PTV)

 

WATCH PTV FULL REPORT HERE:

Kita ng taxi drivers, lumakas matapos ang suspensyon sa Uber

ICYMI: Kita ng taxi drivers, lumakas matapos ang suspensyon sa Uber

Posted by PTV on Saturday, August 19, 2017

 

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...