TESDA vows to boost PH workforce to hasten economic recovery

By Katrina Gracia Consebido

 

The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) vowed on Thursday, Jan. 12, to improve its workforce development in a bid to hasten economic recovery.

TESDA Director General Danilo P. Cruz announced that the agency is developing the National Technical Education and Skills Development Plan (NTESDP) 2023-2028 and the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector’s five-year roadmap.

“In support of the Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2023-2028, the NTESDP 2023-2028 shall focus on digitalization in response to the Fourth Industrial Revolution and as we continue to pursue an area-based and demand-driven TVET,” Cruz said.

Meanwhile, TESDA Spokesperson Deputy Director General Aniceto Bertiz III said the agency will continue to improve training programs, especially enterprise-based training.

Bertiz also stressed the significance of the whole-of-nation approach in addressing skills-job mismatch, saying that industries upskill and re-skill Filipino workers.

“We commit to continue to provide support to those who have lost their jobs during the pandemic. Rest assured that TESDA will be here to ensure that the country’s workforce is responsive to different challenges, especially the Fourth Industrial Revolution,” he added.

Bertiz said TESDA is eyeing to become a hub for job-seekers to access employers’ current skills, priorities for a smooth job-matching process.

TESDA will work more with priority sectors like agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, health, IT-BPM, creative industries, energy and construction, according to the spokesperson. – gb 

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...