OCTA: Metro Manila still ‘low risk’ for COVID-19

By Katrina Gracia Consebido

The OCTA Research Group on Tuesday, April 19, said Metro Manila remains under “very low risk” classification for COVID-19.

The data from the Department of Health showed the average daily attack rate (ADAR) in the National Capital Region (NCR) is 0.60.

“While NCR had the highest ADAR of 0.60, this is still below 1 or VERY LOW RISK,” Prof. Guido David of OCTA said, noting that Metro Manila’s ADAR exceeded 100 in January.

In a Twitter post, David said provinces in the Philippines with the highest ADAR are South Cotabato, Bataan, Iloilo, Cavite, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Pampanga, Ilocos Norte, Tarlac, and Zamboanga del Sur.

The ADAR is among the indicators used by the government in determining alert levels and risk classifications, and is the average number of infections per 100,000 individuals. – ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...