Traslacion 2019 ends shorter by almost an hour: church rector

By Ferdinand Patinio/PNA

MANILA — The Traslacion or the procession of the Black Nazarene from Quirino Grandstand in Luneta to Quiapo Church along Quezon Boulevard in Manila ended earlier as compared to its recorded time of arrival last year.

“This year’s Traslacion is almost an hour shorter,” Msgr. Hernando Coronel, Quiapo Church rector, said in an interview on Thursday.

It was reported that the procession lasted for 21 hours and 13 minutes from the time it started at 5:08 a.m. on Jan. 9 until 2:21 a.m. on Jan. 10, when the image arrived at the Minor Basilica.

Last year’s Traslacion lasted for 22 hours and two minutes when the image entered Quiapo Church at 3 a.m.

He also acknowledged all the people who helped in the holding of the annual Church event.

“My personal feeling is one of gratitude to all who helped in one capacity or another Traslacion 2019,” Coronel said, adding that they are happy with the millions of people who attended the feast which is being celebrated every year.

“Very happy. We are not after quantity but quality because we hear stories of ordinary people and their relationship with the Nazarene,” Coronel added.

Authorities reported that some 4 million devotees participated in the 10-day event which started on December 31, 2018 until January 9.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...