Ukraine says downed 30 cruise missiles, 27 drones overnight

Steeplejacks wave the Ukrainian flag after installing the coat of arms of Ukraine on the shield of the 62 metre Motherland Monument in Kyiv, on August 6, 2023, amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine. – The Ukrainian trident replaced the coat of arms of the former Soviet Union, which was removed earlier this month. (Photo by Roman PILIPEY / AFP)

Agence France-Presse

Ukraine’s air force said Sunday it shot down 30 out of the 40 cruise missiles and all Shahed drones that Russia launched overnight in several waves of attacks.

“Thirty cruise missiles and 27 attack drones were destroyed,” the air force said on Telegram.

It added that Russia launched three Kinzhal hypersonic missiles but did not say if they had been destroyed.

“In total, the enemy used 70 air attack weapons in several waves” in the night between Saturday and Sunday.

The Khmelnytskyi region, hundreds of kilometers from the front lines of the fighting and home to a major Ukrainian airbase, was among the areas targeted.

The head of the administration Sergiy Tyurin said a fire broke out at a corn waste warehouse, spreading over 1,400 square meters before being extinguished.

The Khmelnytskyi administration published pictures of a crumbling building engulfed in flames.

An employee was wounded in the fire, the administration said. – gb

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...