Vaccination key to economic revival, safe F2F classes

By Lade Jean Kabagani / Philippine News Agency

More Filipinos receiving primary doses of the COVID-19 vaccine is the best step for the gradual reopening of the economy and safe resumption of face-to-face classes, National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19 medical consultant Dr. Ma. Paz Corrales said Saturday (Nov. 27).

Corrales said protecting each other is the best gift we can give to loved ones, the community, and the nation.

“It’s the best way of spending a merrier Christmas and a happy New Year,” Corrales said during the arrival of 1,746,160 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 in Pasay City.

The shipment completed the 5,225,200 doses donated by the United Kingdom to the Philippines through the COVAX Facility,

“Dapat po magpabakuna na tayo para po maprotektahan tayong lahat, kasi ‘pag nagpabakuna tayo, lesser infection, lesser mortality, and lesser number of patients. Lahat po tayo makakabalik na sa ating normal,” Corrales said in an interview.

Corrales was joined by NTF special adviser Dr. Teodoro Herbosa, British Embassy Deputy Head of Mission Alastair Walton Totty, NTF Director Francel Margareth Taborlupa, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) immunization consultant Rein Dalumpines, UNICEF procurement services officer Bernardo Bersola, and AstraZeneca market access lead Raymond Villaroman.

Totty said the latest shipment is “a powerful illustration” of equitable access to vaccines among developing countries, and that the British government has committed to donating 100,000 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines next year.

On Friday night (Nov. 26), Corrales also witnessed the arrival of 201,240 doses of government-procured Pfizer vaccine.

The Philippines has so far received 141,624,240 vaccine doses, both procured and donated, since February. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...