Wildfires burns over 3,200 hectares of land in SW France

Xinhua News Agency

PARIS — Wildfires have burned over 3,200 hectares of land since Monday in France’s southwestern department of Gironde, forcing 840 people to be evacuated, the Prefecture of Gironde announced Tuesday in a press release.

“More than 900 firefighters from Gironde and other departments will be mobilized, thanks to the arrival of reinforcements from other departments in the coming hours. Two Canadairs, one Dash (plane) and three water bomber helicopters have been deployed since this morning,” the Prefecture said.

The Prefecture said emergency accommodations are being offered to evacuees in Le Porge and other municipalities.

No further evacuations are planned at this time, it added.

More than 30,000 hectares of land had been burned in the department of Gironde this summer due to dry weather and heatwaves, local media reported. – gb

Popular

ICC rejects Duterte appeal for interim release

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has denied former President Rodrigo Duterte’s appeal to overturn...

PH seeking Malaysia, Singapore help in locating Zaldy Co’s air assets —PBBM

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has directed the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) to...

‘Handog ng Pangulo’: PBBM brings aid, gov’t services to IPs in Zamboanga City

By Brian Campued “Nandito kami.” In line with the administration’s broader effort to ensure that no community is left behind in the “Bagong Pilipinas,” President Ferdinand...

PBBM lauds new San Lazaro Residences in Manila City

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Thursday commended the Manila City government for its in-city vertical housing project that will benefit healthcare...