Zamboanga City launches anti-dengue drive

By R. G. Antonet Go/PNA

ZAMBOANGA CITY — The City Health Office has started implementing its anti-dengue health advocacy in barangays with the most number of deadly mosquito bites.

This developed after the City Health Office recorded an increase in dengue cases since August this year, registering 194 cases compared to 184 in the same period last year.

Dr. Annie Rose Amar, City Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (CESU) head, said that in September this year there were 207 dengue cases against 109 of the same period in 2017.

Amar said that in November, this year, they have recorded 224 cases compared to the 90 cases of the same period last year.

The first three weeks of December, this year, registered 71 dengue cases while there were only 65 for the entire month last year.

Sanitary inspectors have been mobilized for the anti-dengue campaign, Amar said.

The CESU chief identified the barangays with the most number of dengue cases as the following: Pasonanca, 133; Calarian, 118; Talon-Talon, 75; Baliwasan, 74; Sta. Maria, 61; Recodo, 69; San Roque, 58; Mercedes, 55; Putik, 55; Tumaga, 50; and, Canelar, 48.

Meanwhile, Amar said the measles outbreak had already been controlled with only one case reported in the last two weeks.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...