1K ARBs in north Negros receive mobile phones from PRRD

By Erwin Nicavera/Philippine News Agency

COMMUNICATION MADE EASY. Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries from northern Negros Occidental pose with the the mobile phones they received, the Department of Agrarian Reform reported on Monday (April 15, 2019).
The phones were promised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte after he distributed land titles in northern Negros last month. (Photo courtesy of Department of Agrarian Reform-Negros Occidental I)

BACOLOD CITY — A thousand agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs) in northern Negros have received the mobile phones promised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte after he distributed their land titles last month.

The recipients were among the 2,495 farmer beneficiaries, who were awarded certificates of land ownership award, in a ceremony on March 8 held in Sagay City led by the Chief Executive and Agrarian Reform Secretary John Castriciones.

The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR)-Negros Occidental said in a report that as of Monday, the cellular phones were given in a separate distribution rites led by DAR-Western Visayas Regional Director Stephen Leonidas.

The first batch of recipients includes ARBs from cities of Bacolod, Talisay, Silay, Cadiz and Sagay, and town of E.B. Magalona.

DAR-Northern Mindanao Regional Director Joseph Orilla, who assisted in the delivery of the mobile phones in Negros Occidental, said the distribution of the remaining mobile phones for other ARBs has been scheduled in the coming days.

The President, during his speech in the program held in Sagay City’s Balay Kauswagan, promised to provide fertilizers and mobile phones to each of the recipients of land titles.

He added that he will provide them with a contact number that they can call to file complaint or raise a concern to the government.

The 2,495 ARBs received land titles to 1,609 hectares of acquired land from 141 landowners in eight cities and 11 municipalities in Negros Occidental.

Those from northern Negros included Cadiz City’s 400 beneficiaries; Calatrava, 42; E.B. Magalona, 96; Escalante City, 164; Manapla, 94; Murcia, 216; Sagay City, 331; San Carlos City, 118; Talisay City, 30; Toboso, 180; and Bacolod City, 31.

The beneficiaries from the south comprised of 153 from Bago City; Binalbagan, 37; Hinigaran, 103; Isabela, 54; Kabankalan City, 116; La Castellana, 109; Moises Padilla, 169; and Pontevedra 52.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

NMC backs DND over infra works, dev’t in West PH Sea features

By Brian Campued The National Maritime Council (NMC) on Saturday expressed support for the Department of National Defense (DND) for its rejection of recent statements...

Filipino astrophysics students’ ‘Double Gyroscope’ experiment performed by NASA astronaut in space

By Brian Campued An experiment designed by Filipino students was recently carried out by a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronaut aboard the International...

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...