523 Mautes, 122 gov’t troops killed in ongoing Marawi fighting

FILE: Armed Forces of the Philippine Spokesperson, Brig. Gen. Restituto Padilla

MANILA, Aug. 6 — As fighting in Marawi City reached its 76th day on Sunday, military clearing operations have so far accounted for 523 Maute Group terrorists killed along with 122 government troops killed in action.

Brig. Gen. Restituto Padilla, Armed Forces spokesperson, said the death toll is as of 7 p.m. Saturday.

Figures of neutralized Maute Group terrorists are up by one while government killed increased by three.

Number of recovered weapons is 602 or two higher than Friday’s update.

Civilians executed or killed by the bandits remain at 45 as of this time.

Fighting in Marawi City broke out after government forces tried to arrest Abu Sayyaf leader and ISIS “emir” in Southeast Asia last May 23. (Priam F. Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...