73 arrested, 2 killed in campaign vs motorcycle-riding suspects

MANILA — The ongoing campaign of the Philippine National Police (PNP) against motorcycle-riding suspects (MRS) has so far resulted in the arrest of 73 and shooting down of two in the past 32 days, a PNP official said.

PNP spokesperson Chief Supt. Dionardo Carlos attributed the success of the ongoing operations to intensified police efforts.

Data generated from the Crime Information Reporting and Analysis System revealed that of the total number of incidents, 20 are cleared, 49 incidents are considered solved, and 325 incidents are under investigation.

PNP chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa earlier ordered his operatives to bolster police operations against at-large suspects through increased police visibility, mobile patrol, checkpoint, and intelligence-driven police operations.

He also directed all regional directors to continue manhunt operations against 455 suspects who remain at-large.

Case field reports of the PNP Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management indicate 394 incidents involving motorcycle-riding suspects from Oct. 10 to Nov. 12.

It also disclosed that from Oct. 10 to Nov. 12, some 439 victims were recorded, including 155 killed and 220 others unharmed.

The report showed the prevalence of MRS-related incidents in Metro Manila with 52 cases, Region 7 with 45 cases, and Regions 3 and 4A with 44 cases each.

Robbery remains to be the most prevalent motive behind MRS-related crime incidents. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...