93 lotto outlets in Cordillera closed

By Liza Agoot/Philippine News Agency

CLOSURE OF LOTTO ESTABLISHMENTS. Philippine National Police Chief P/Gen. Oscar Albayalde leads the closure of 12 PCSO-sanctioned establishments in Baguio City on Saturday (July 27), hours after President Rodrigo R. Duterte ordered such establishments closed nationwide. (Photo courtesy of Redjie Melvic Cawis/PIA-CAR)

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet — All the 93 lotto, small town lottery (STL), Keno and other outlets sanctioned by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) in the Cordillera region have been closed down following the directive of President Rodrigo R. Duterte.

Brig. Gen. Ephraim Dickson, Police Regional Office Cordillera director, said in an interview on Monday that no less than Philippine National Police chief Oscar Albayalde led the closure of some PCSO gaming outlets in Baguio City over the weekend.

“The chief PNP (Philippine National Police) was in our AOR (area of responsibility) for several events scheduled Saturday. The implementation in Baguio was simultaneously done in the whole region,” he said.

In Baguio City, 12 outlets were closed, Dickson said.

Even after the closure, Dickson said all outlets are subject to monitoring of unit commanders. Illegal gambling activities are also being monitored, he added.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website.

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...