CEB reminds passengers of new baggage allowance starting Jan. 15

By Ma. Cristina Arayata/PNA

MANILA — Local carrier Cebu Pacific (CEB) is reminding passengers that it will implement its new check-in baggage policy starting Jan. 15.

“This (policy) regarding the allowed baggage allowance is the same as what we announced last year. We are just reminding our passengers that the carrier will implement this starting Jan. 15,” CEB spokesperson Charo Lagamon told the Philippine News Agency (PNA) on Friday.

She said that with the new check-in baggage allowance, CEB will monitor how many pieces of luggage a passenger will check in, based on the baggage weight allowance purchased.

Passengers who purchase a 20-kg baggage allowance could check in two pieces of luggage. They would need to pay for an excess luggage.

They can also purchase for an additional baggage allowance up to four hours before their flight.

The carrier also offers 32-kg (three pieces of luggage) and 40-kg (four pieces baggage) allowance in its flights.

Lagamon earlier explained that CEB used to allow passengers to check in as many pieces of baggage, for as long as they don’t exceed the baggage allowance they purchased.

“However, there were cases when the passenger would check in as much as 10 pieces of baggage that total 20 kg, so CEB had to be stricter in its baggage allowance policy,” she said.

Popular

No need for PBBM to monitor ICC proceedings vs. FPRRD

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency There is no need for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to monitor the International Criminal Court’s (ICC)...

Binondo drum murder ‘mastermind’ a Chinese nat’l —Taiwan office in PH

By Brian Campued The alleged mastermind in the so-called Binondo drum murder is a Chinese national, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines...

Public warned vs. ash fall as Kanlaon erupts anew

By Brian Campued Authorities advised residents in Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental to be cautious of possible ashfall emitted by Kanlaon Volcano after it erupted...

PBBM focused on governance, no plans yet for 2028 polls —Palace

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. remains unfazed amid Vice President Sara Duterte’s announcement to run for president in 2028, Malacañang said, noting...