Anti-drug ops nets 1K in Davao City

By Rhoda Grace Saron/PNA

DAVAO CITY – The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) has arrested more than 1,000 suspected drug personalities within the 45-day period from December last year to January 15.

DCPO records showed that 854 illegal drug operations have been conducted within the period, 621 of which were buy-bust operations; 20 were the enforcement of search warrants; 34 were the enforcement of arrest warrants; 70 police response; and 109 checkpoint operations.

The operations led to the arrest of 1,031 drug suspects, 20 of whom were considered high-value targets (HVT) and the rest were suspected street-level drug peddlers.

During these operations, police said 48 were killed in shootouts, 14 eluded arrest, and 44 minors were rescued.

Senior Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, DCPO spokesperson, said Thursday those who eluded arrest were still charged and considered at-large.

Gaspan said the 44 rescued minors are undergoing intervention programs at the City Social Service Development Office. Minors aged 15 years to less than 18 years who remain legally liable under the law were put under the jurisdiction of the courts.

“We continue to be more aggressive in our campaign against illegal drugs. In fact, we have four operations from January 14 until yesterday (January 16),” Gaspan said.

She said the operations resulted in the seizure of PHP959,200 worth of illegal drugs involving “newly identified drug pushers.”

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...