PH opens Consulate General in Frankfurt

(DFA PR)

MANILA — The Philippine Consulate General in Frankfurt opened its doors to the general public last January 15 to render consular services to Filipinos in the southern part of Germany.

The Consulate General covers seven states in southern Germany under its consular jurisdiction, which is home to approximately 15,000 Filipinos and Filipino-Germans.

“The reopening of the Consulate General forms part of the Philippine government’s efforts to make public services more accessible to Filipinos everywhere. It is also a recognition of Frankfurt’s importance as a banking, commerce, and air travel entrepôt,” Consul General to Frankfurt Evelyn D. Austria-Garcia said in a news release on Friday.

Ang laking tulong ng pagbubukas ng konsulado dito dahil hindi ko na kailangan mag-day off at pumunta pa sa Berlin (The opening of the Consulate here is a huge help because I do not need to go on a day off to go to Berlin). Natutuwa po kami at napakaganda at mabilis ang serbisyo (We are very pleased withr the wonderful and fast service),” Marissa Ocampo of Wiesbaden said.

An employee of an international hotel chain in Frankfurt, Ocampo has been in Germany since 1999.

The provision of consular services beginning this month complements the Consulate General’s work, which had been rendering assistance to distressed Filipinos, and promoting Philippine culture and strengthening economic ties since late 2018.

The Consulate General is temporarily housed at Gervinusstrasse 17, 60322 Frankfurt am Main, and is scheduled to move to its permanent address at the same building complex by the second quarter of the year.

The Consulate General may be contacted at telephone number +4969 566082 118 to 123 and through the email address, [email protected](

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...