Guevarra: NBI awaiting Bikoy’s formal complaint

By Benjamin Pulta/Philippine News Agency

MANILA — Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Wednesday advised Peter Joemel Advincula, alias “Bikoy”, to substantiate his claims before authorities or face the consequences of his actions.

“The NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) is waiting for Advincula/Bikoy to show up and submit his complaint with supporting evidence against the persons he implicated in the illegal drug trade. Should he fail to do so, the DOJ (Department of Justice) will consider his possible inclusion in Rodel Jayme’s inciting to sedition case or indictment for other criminal charges after proper investigation,” Guevarra told reporters.

The justice chief earlier said “Bikoy”, who surfaced in a press conference at the Integrated Bar of the Philippines’ office in Ortigas, needs to bare what he knows to authorities.

Advincula appeared in a press conference at the IBP claiming he was acting on his own when he appeared in the video linking the family of President Rodrigo Duterte to drug syndicates.

By his own admission, Advincula said he was earlier charged for fraud and had been in Naga City’s Most Wanted List in 2012.

He said he was jailed and released in 2016 for behaving well.

Advincula claimed that he had been employed by a certain Tess Ranola in what he termed as the “operation center” of a syndicate and described his position as “control man” of the radio and CCTV base of underground facilities in Misibis Bay.

He said he later supervised the payment of protection money using recipients’ tattoos as scanning codes to confirm payment.

Bikoy linked former Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go and presidential son and former Davao City vice mayor,

Paolo Duterte, to the illegal drug trade in the video clip dubbed, “Ang Totoong Narco-List”.

Go, who is running for a Senate seat, earlier denied the allegations in the video.

The former presidential aide also showed his back to disprove the allegation that he was sporting a tattoo connected to the syndicate.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...