CORDS convenes to address peace, dev’t priorities in N. Mindanao

PR/Philippine News Agency

MALAYBALAY, BUKIDNON — Northern Mindanao have come up with several strategies to strengthen partnership and collaboration in implementing programs and projects that support the region’s peace and development agenda.

This as Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar presided over the Joint Region 10 Regional Development Council (RDC) and Regional Peace and Order Council (RPOC) meeting on Friday (June 28) following the launching of the Convergence Areas for Peace and Development (CAPDev) here.

Andanar, who is the Cabinet representative for Cabinet Officers for Regional Development and Security (CORDS) Region 10, called on the participants to map-out the activities that need to be conducted in the succeeding months to move the peace and development agenda forward.

“For the second half of this year, groundworks are well underway in achieving the goals of EO (Execuive Order) 70. In fact, this joint meeting shall apprise us on what have been done so far in terms of cascading EO 70 down to the local level,” Andanar said in a speech as he opened the meeting.

CAPDev put into operation President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s EO 70, which established the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC). The program espouses a focused, coordinated, and sustained delivery of the government’s basic services as well as social development packages in poor, conflict-affected and geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas in the region.

During the meeting, Andanar endorsed the proposal on the structure for the institutional and implementing mechanism of the Regional Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (RTF-ELCAC).

“Let us remain steadfast in pushing forward the peace and development priorities of Northern Mindanao. I would like to thank our development partners who relentlessly plan for, push and implement programs and projects to improve the living conditions of each Filipino in the region,” Andanar said.

He thanked the RDC and RPOC for the unwavering support despite the short timelines to work on.

“Together, we can build a truly safe, secure, and progressive communities,” Andanar said.

“Since the issuance of EO 70 in December of last year, we continue to work together on how best this can be operationalized. For Region X, you relentlessly pursued our initiatives, particularly CAPDev,” he added.

 

Popular

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...

Updated cash aid, transport support discussed during 7th UPLIFT Committee meeting led by PBBM

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous whole-of-government efforts to protect Filipinos from the impact of Middle East tensions on energy, transport, and food...

PBBM earns praise for role as ‘peacemaker’ in PH, Thailand, and Cambodia talks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Not long after decades of tension between Thailand and Cambodia boiled over in 2025 and resulted in months of trading gunfire...

PBBM, U.S. official tackle Luzon economic corridor, investments

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. met with the United States (US) Undersecretary of State for Economic Growth,...