PRRD OKs DOST-developed tech that locates hazards in PH

By Azer Parrocha/Philippine News Agency

DOST-DEVELOPED TECH. President Rodrigo Roa Duterte presides over the 39th Cabinet Meeting at the Malacañan Palace on Monday (July 1, 2019). Duterte approved the Department of Science and Technology (DOST)-developed technologies that locate environmental hazards in the Philippines. (Robinson Niñal Jr./Presidential photo)

MANILA — President Rodrigo Duterte has approved two technologies that will help the government collect data for environmental hazards and assess situations for immediate disaster response.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said Duterte approved the Department of Science and Technology (DOST)-developed technologies during the Cabinet meeting on Monday night.

“(These technologies were) approved by the President and the Cabinet,” Panelo said in a statement.

He said one of the technologies, GeoRisk Philippines Initiative, is meant to further improve data gathering for environment hazards, Panelo said.

“It is an integrated system or database where one can map or locate hazards in a specific location and view it on an application called the Hazard Hunter Philippines,” he added.

Panelo said another application is the Situation Data Mapper, which “receives real time assessment on a situation and can provide analysis for high level decisions for disaster response”.

He, meanwhile, said the DOST has recommended that all agencies update and share with them their hazard information to further develop the system.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...