TUCP lauds PRRD’s lifting of suspension order on lotto games

By Ferdinand Patinio/Philippine News Agency

MANILA — The Trade Union Congress of the Philippines (TUCP) on Wednesday commended the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte to lift the suspension order on the lotto operations of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO).

TUCP spokesperson Allan Tanjusay said their group is “glad” and thankful to the President for looking after the welfare of less fortunate Filipinos.

“We thank the President for his heart for the underprivileged and indigent poor who are dependent on the PCSO for their medicines, hospitalization and critical medical care assistance and other charity support,” Tanjusay said in a statement.

With Duterte’s action, Tanjusay said workers of PCSO lotto games can now return to work.

“We are also glad that thousands of PCSO workers who were threatened with uncertainty amid the suspension order are now returning to their stations around the country to work,” he said.

Tanjusay, meanwhile, said they are one with Duterte’s campaign to elimination corruption in the government.

“We are supporting the President’s reform initiative to purge and cleansed the institution with corruption towards making more its funds truly benefit the poor,” he said.

On Wednesday, Duterte ordered the resumption of the lotto operations several days after he ordered its suspension due to massive corruption.

However, the rest of all gaming operations with franchises, licenses or permits granted by PCSO such as Small-Town Lottery (STL), Keno and Peryahan ng Bayan (PNB), shall remain suspended pending the investigation on corrupt practices.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...