Palace: ECQ in Visayas, Mindanao not yet needed

Malacaῆang believes there is still no need for the rest of the islands to be included in the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine.

“‘Yung Mindanao at Visayas, depende po sa sitwasyon. Sa ngayon, sa tingin natin ay hindi kailangan… ‘Yung mga gobernador doon, mga mayors, nagkaroon sila ng mga sariling lockdown, that early wala pang infected nagla-lockdown na sila kaya walang nakakapasok (As for Mindanao and Visayas, it depends on the situation. For now, we think it is not yet needed…The governors and mayors there had their own lockdown implemented even if none had been infected yet, that’s why nobody got in),” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said.

Still, Panelo encouraged all citizens of the country to comply with the measures of the government to fully suppress COVID-19.

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...