PRRD to discuss face shield issue in Monday public address

Malacaῆang said President Rodrigo Duterte will tackle in his public address tonight (June 21) the use of face shield as an added protection against COVID-19. 

Duterte said in his meeting with lawmakers last week that he prefers the mandatory use of face shields in hospital settings only. The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID), however, appealed to retain its use in enclosed indoor spaces.

Speaking at his June 21 briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said face shields are no longer required in outdoor settings, including those for exercise and work purposes.

“Ang inapela lang ng IATF ‘yung pagsuot ng face shield sa loob, kasama na po sa mga malls at iba pang commercial establishments, at saka sa mga pampublikong transportasyon,” Roque said.

The IATF appeal covered face shield use in enclosed spaces such as hospitals, schools, workplaces, commercial establishments, malls and public markets, public transport and terminals, and places of worship.

Last week, Health Undersecretary Leopoldo Vega said face shields can be removed in outdoor settings where transmission is low, which also follows a directive exempting “individuals engaged in strenuous activities/work, fine workmanship, operation of transportation vehicles, and active transport” from wearing a face shield.

Aside from this, the government is set to implement on June 22 the shorter quarantine period for international inbound travelers who are fully vaccinated in the country.

Meanwhile, Malacaῆang said it will let the Congress decide on the remaining funds of the Bayanihan 2 amounting to P18.4 billion. The Senate said it is open to conducting a special session on the matter if needed. – Report from Mela Lesmoras/AG-rir

Watch full report here:

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...